Lighting is perhaps the most essential part of your garage, not only is there the functional aspect to it, but a well-lit garage will make it appear much more attractive. I have searched far and wide to show you the best garage LED lights that might not light up your world, but they’ll certainly light up your garage.
Why are LED Lights the Best for your Garage?
LED lights come with a long list of benefits making traditional light bulbs look very outdated, here are the main benefits of them:
• Efficiency: LED lights are up to 80% more efficient than traditional lighting, with 95% of the energy being turned into light.
• Long Life: Due to their high efficiency, the life span of LED lights can range from 35,000-50,000 hours for a high-quality bulb, that’s over 13 years at 10 hours a day. That’s also the highest life span out of all types of light bulbs, saving you money in the long run.
• High Brightness and Intensity: These bulbs offer the highest Lumen count out of any bulb, you better be prepared for a well-lit garage, because that’s what they’re going to offer you.
• Colour Range: With LED lights, their diode can change so their colour can change for the rest of their lifespan, giving you the freedom to pick any colour you want and stick with it for a long time.
• Reliability: Since LED lights don’t have fragile parts such as filaments, they can withstand any temperature fluctuations better than any type of bulb and any jostling as well, for that matter.
The list goes on and on too. I don’t want to bore you as I’m sure that by now you know why LED lights will be perfect for your garage.
LED lights don’t even have to just be used just for your garage, it may be worth investing in a 2 or 4 pack and installing one in your basement, attic, shed, driveway, the list goes on!
Now that you’re excited about LED lights, let me show you some of the best performing LED lights for your garage that you can get right now.
Top LED Garage Lights
1. ANNKIE LED Aluminium Garage Light. The first entry on this list is made from the highest quality of aluminium alloy, boasting features such as being temperature and corrosion resistant. It also comes with a built-in cooling system that will help the bulbs last longer, lasting 50,000 hours even when used at 120 watts the whole time, saving you money and headaches in the long run! This unique wide-angle LED garage light design will give you 360-degree coverage of your garage. Finally, these lights require no tools to install, and doesn’t require any maintenance once it’s screwed in, making it even easier for you.
2. OSAWASU 120W Garage light. These LED lights offer 5 points of illumination for 360-degree coverage of your garage. The cast aluminium construction makes them lightweight and incredibly easy to install, as they were designed to be installed without the need of an electrician, if you’ve got one light socket, you’re good to go for your whole garage! These lights feature upgraded aluminium fins for cooling the bulbs for maximum performance, again, having a continuous lifetime of over 50,000 hours. My favourite feature of these lights is that they are optimised for the time of day, meaning they are more efficient, and you save therefore save up to 80% more compared with other garage LED lights.
3. TREONYIA UFO LED High Bay Light. This light has a modern style and is one of the highest performing lights in the industry. This could light up even the darkest of garages with up to 140LM/W luminous efficiency (which is amazing). If you somehow managed to get this light wet than no worries as it’s waterproof, making it perfect for outdoor use on those rainy nights as well. This light also proves to be a wise investment as its certified SMD LED chips ensure high efficiency and low decay, cutting your electric bill down by a potential 80%. Finally, it is certified by 5 different safety authorities to ensure supreme safety, quality, and reliability, coming with a safety rope and cable, you really can’t go wrong with this one.
4. Lightdot LED Garage Bulb Light with Adjustable Panels. These 2 packs of lights come with 3 adjustable panels each for complete coverage of your garage. These LED diodes produce 125 lumens per watt, which may sound expensive, but will actually reduce your energy consumption with their high light efficiency, a win-win situation! It goes without saying how long these lights last, but my favourite feature about these lights in particular is how environmentally safe they are. You won’t find a single harmful substance in these such as mercury or lead, meaning no radiation whatsoever, so you can spend countless hours in your garage not needing to worry about your exposure. Finally, installing them is super easy, you just have to screw them in the light socket, simple as that.
5. ZJOJO 4-Pack LED Canopy Light. The first 4 pack on this list is a very strong one, these lights are 80 watts each and will save you up to 75% cheaper than conventional garage lights. These lights perfectly balance fantastic brightness with increased safety and security. They are versatile when it comes to installation, supporting pendant or direct surface mounting, suitable for any garage! Or if you don’t fancy it in your garage, they are also suitable for outdoor lighting, and with their long-range brightness, they’ll be perfect for those summer nights in the garden. If you’re not happy with these lights for any reason, they have a 5-year warranty, but by then, I think you’ll want to keep them for good.
6. Freelicht LED High Bay Light. This one is similar to the other high bay light on the list, as it is also ideal for outdoor placement with its wetproof feature and flexible installation options. It doesn’t matter whether you live in Australia or Alaska, this light can withhold temperatures from -167 to 122 degrees Fahrenheit. Even if it doesn’t your 5-year warranty will cover that, but you won’t be thinking about your warranty 5 years down the line as it is constructed with heavy-duty aluminium and smooth industry-grade design for long-lasting use. This goes above and beyond a well-lit garage, if you’re planning to move to your skiing cabin or holiday-hut and want to see a massive chunk of your energy bill decrease, these are a great option.
7.THKSGOD 80-Watt Canopy Light. The final entry on this list is a 4-pack of versatile, modern designed lights. These waterproof lights support easy installation of either pendent or wall-mounting. These lights boast an outstanding performance with die-casting aluminium providing great heat dissipation and will also save you a great deal on your energy bill. Worried about precious belongings in your garage? Well don’t be, as these lights are some of the safest on the market, resisting electrical shocks or fires during its 50,000-hour lifespan. IF it doesn’t last that long then don’t worry, as these lights include a 5-year warranty and can be easily replaced should anything go wrong.
How to Install Your LED Garage Lights
Now that you’ve chosen which LED garage lights are right for you, it’s worth me just giving you a quick guide on how to install them. Most of the lights in the list are laughably easy to install, but if you’ve got some other LED garage lights that need installing, this guide should help.
Work Out How Many Lights You Need
In a normal-sized garage, you may only need one or two as LED lights are very bright and feature rotating panels that can shine light anywhere. If your garage is bigger, however, you may need a 4-pack, don’t worry if that’s the case, as the list above caters for every size of garage.
Check for Available Outlets
With any luck you should have an outlet on the ceiling, in that case, you’re fine. However, if you aren’t so lucky, or need an extra outlet or two, get them installed by an electrician. Make sure you plan your layout so that your LED light’s power cord will be somewhat close to the out so that you won’t need an extension cord.
If you’re looking for a bit more guidance about the electrics of your garage, check out my article on garage conversion.
Most of the LED garage lights that I’ve recommended such as the OSAWASU 120W Garage light, only need one outlet, this will save you a headache during the installation process.
Installing Your Lights with Hanging Hooks or Nails
Now get your toolbox and make sure you’ve got a suitable place to install hanging hooks or nails, for this you’ll need certain tools and materials.
• Tape measure
Simply make even marks with intervals the same as your LED lights, the nails need to go in about one inch, if you’re using hooks, they need to be anchored into wood. Usually, the hooks can be put into place with pliers or by hand.
LED garage lights will come completely assembled most of the time, just make sure you have the chains and power cord ready to attach and hang if needed. Make sure you insert the cords where they should go, and you should be fine.
When installing any type of LED garage lights, if you have a overhead garage door, make sure you have enough clearance when the door is raised. You’ll want to not only have the lights clear but also the wiring clear too, it may sound like common sense, but just something to bear in mind.
It is pretty clear if you made it this far that LED garage lights are far superior to any kind of fluorescent substitute, or any other kind for that matter. LED lights offer such as long lifespan, that if you invest properly, or get any from this list for that matter, you’ll be fine for years to come.
Just bear in mind how big your garage is and buy accordingly, you won’t need a 4-pack for a small garage, however, you may want the lights for your driveway or basement too. Thank you for reading my top recommendations and I hope your garages stay lit for years to come.